Quality Specialist (Tamheer Program)
Launched in Bahrain in November of 2019, Calo is on a mission to make healthy easy. We’re a team of dedicated people driving this mission by providing better, faster, and cheaper ways to access food through technology.
We are looking for a dedicated Food Quality Specialist who will support with checking the quality of all incoming and outgoing material and products as well as the production procedures. You will be a firm advocate of quality in our business.
The ideal candidate possesses a trained eye for detail and is reliable and committed. General knowledge and comprehension of quality standards are essential to ensure that our products are made of flawless materials. That way, our customers will enjoy high-quality services so that we can achieve long-term success.
- Maintain records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation
- Formulate procedures to inspect and report quality issues
- Monitor all operations that affect quality
- Implementing preventative measures to prevent health hazards
- Ensuring checklists are met on a regular basis
- Conduct multiple audits on floor and for suppliers
- Collaborate with other departments to deal with quality and safety issues
- Implement root cause analysis with suppliers
- Inspect procedures of the entire production cycle to ensure they are efficient and comply with quality standards
- Implementation of Food Quality strategy, goals, and objectives
- Implement, and maintain food safety goals, objectives, policies, and procedures such as HACCP, sanitation, temperature logs, cleaning list, etc
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output
- Ensure all legal standards are met
- Identifies quality defects and food safety issues and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends solutions to these issues
- Train the team on food safety and implement policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations
- Ensure work environments are adequate and safe
- Project a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community
- Ensuring products are designed with adherence to legal and safety standards