Quality Specialist - Receiving
Launched in 2019, Calo is on a mission to make healthy easy. We’re a team of dedicated people driving this mission by providing better, faster, and cheaper ways to access food through technology.
To function as a Quality Specialist who will be responsible for monitoring the receivings for Calo’s Warehouse and efficiently handling the company’s products and supplies.
The ideal candidate possesses great attention to detail, excellent record-keeping abilities and a business mindset. The goal is to ensure that all business operations have adequate material to achieve their objectives.
- Verify packages according to their order and invoices (quantity, quality, price etc.)
- Organizing and storing received items in its appropriate areas.
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Maintain updated and accurate records of inventory, including transfers and cycle count in warehouses through different tools.
- Monitor, analyze, report shelf life and aging of goods in the warehouse.
- Review and monitor product codes/ description ensuring right master data for the stored goods
- Conduct weekly wall to wall inventory count, and troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between physical stock and records.
- Use Microsoft office tools to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs and alert buyers about potential out of stocks.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers.
- Conducting quality checks and inspection of raw and packaging materials (RM/PM) received in the Central Warehouse (CWH) to ensure that all Calo Q&FS standards are met.
- Monitoring RM/PM tests, reporting of non-compliance of suppliers and communicating it with the SC team.
- Reporting of deviation/discrepancies to suppliers and Supply chain team, and follow-up for the corrective and preventive actions.
- Maintaining accurate, comprehensive weekly and monthly reports on suppliers' performance evaluation.
- Conducting regular audits of RM/PM in the CWH for storage conditions and FIFO/FEFO implementation.
- Communication to suppliers and Supply Chain team for the Root cause and failure analysis for deviations and follow up for the implementation of the corrective actions.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of quality and food safety standards in the CWH.
- Implementing all checks for supplier trucks to assure compliance with Calo Q&FS standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of GWP and internal audits and readiness for external audits (HACCP, ISO, Personal Hygiene, SFDA).
- Must have had previous proven experience as a Quality Specialist, inventory and receiving officer or any similar role.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience within restaurants, hotels or production facility (food) industries.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft excel and office.
- Must be a proficient communicator in English.
- Ensuring that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures is a major plus.
- Knowledge of inbound logistic process in KSA - documentation, process
- Attending food safety training sessions and familiarity with ISO certification standards is advantageous.
Knowledge and competency
- Adopting a systematic approach
- Process oriented
- An analytical mind with excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- A well-spoken strong communicator
- Pleasant personality and able to lead with empathy and patience.