Launched in Bahrain in November of 2019, Calo is on a mission to make healthy easy. We’re a team of dedicated people driving this mission by providing better, faster, and cheaper ways to access food through technology.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Officer to create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure all ingredients, packaging, equipment and services are of the highest quality and delivered on time. We’re looking for someone focused on increasing productivity by introducing smart sourcing solutions and agile services to decrease manual work.
The ideal candidate has great analytical skills, leadership skills, food equipment technical skills, food ingredients technical skills, Also has the ability to identify the most profitable offers, evaluate vendors, negotiate contracts, and prepare reports. They are also well-versed in supply management principles and practices. The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency by having outstanding service level with optimum cost and optimum inventory level.
- Responsible for capital equipment, services , food ingredients, packaging sourcing and procurement activities within assigned categories/locations.
- Collaborates with the project team to establish requirements and execute the full sourcing process to meet the defined technical scope of projects.
- Develop, lead and execute food and non-food sourcing strategies
- Work closely with the Operations team, Automation team, and Maintenance teams to enable fast execution of assets/ equipment procurement decisions.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness
- Communicate with stakeholders (Supply chain, engineering, Finance, and kitchen team) to ensure clear requirements and services documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers for Kitchen equipment and services
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand while determining the quantity and timing of deliveries
- Focuses on increasing productivity by introducing smart equipment to decrease manual work
- Must have had a minimum of 3 years of previous proven experience as an equipment purchasing officer or similar position
- knowledge of the Saudi inbound logistics cycle
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with a business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Ability to gather and analyze data
- Solid judgment along with decision-making skills
- Strong leadership capabilities