Launched in Bahrain in November of 2019, Calo is on a mission to make healthy easy. We’re a team of dedicated people driving this mission by providing better, faster, and cheaper ways to access food through technology.
To function as a Barista for the Calo Cafe to work alongside the Cafe Manager and to successfully support the operation in accordance with the standard of the company in all daily operations.
The successful candidate will employ their coffee knowledge and Interpersonal skills to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- Adhere to coffee recipes when preparing them
- Maintain brewing equipment functionality and reporting possible issues
- Being attentive to customers’ orders and preferences
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with customers while presenting Calo’s culture and values
- Ensure that the cafe operates in a timely manner that meets our quality standards
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers
- Must have had a minimum of 1 year of previous experience in cafes as a Barista
- Must have a certified Barista certificate
- Must be currently present in KSA
- Must be a proficient communicator in English
Knowledge and competency
- Adequate coffee knowledge and different coffee mixtures
- Ability to differentiate coffee aromas, and their taste
- Extensive hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- A good understanding of useful computer programs and the ability to learn new ones
- Ability to communicate effectively, particularly in written form
- Strong communicator
- Pleasant personality and able to lead with empathy