Assistant Dispatch Manager
Launched in Bahrain in November of 2019, Calo is on a mission to make healthy easy. We’re a team of dedicated people driving this mission by providing better, faster, and cheaper ways to access food through technology.
To function as the Assistant dispatch manager at Calo and organize resources so that deliveries and services are carried out in the most efficient and timely manner possible. The successful candidate will enable smooth communication between all parties by ensuring accurate and timely transmission of information.
- Oversee and develop processes and tools to increase productivity, efficiency and maximize output
- Oversee customer orders from portioning and meal changes to the delivery of the final product.
- Organize resources so that deliveries and services are carried out in the utmost efficient and timely manner possible.
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- To monitor and control all aspects of Food preparation, Dispatch and logistics to ensure consistency and high level of quality at all times.
- Assigns tasks and keeps everyone accountable; oversees the application of all processes as per SOPs
- Maintains effective working relationships between team members.
- To implement a flexible employee base, with the right mix of employees.
- To allocate dispatch employees over the division based on established business levels for that day and to ensure that work is finished on time.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To handle and investigate customer complaints or problems in coordination with customer service and QA Manager
- Ensures that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
- To be fully aware and conversant of HACCP policies and procedures and is responsible to integrate them in the day-to-day operation.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in a supervisory or a managerial role
- Have experience of directly managing a team of 10+ employees
- Must be a proficient communicator in English
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Experience in large food chains or food packing factories is highly desirable
- Food safety certification is a requirement
- Able to communicate in multiple languages is a plus
- Experience in the Kuwait meal plan industry is an advantage
- Strong communicator
- Pleasant personality and able to lead with empathy and patience.