Launched in Bahrain in November of 2019, Calo is on a mission to make healthy easy. We’re a team of dedicated people driving this mission by providing better, faster, and cheaper ways to access food through technology.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Specialist who will be responsible for checking the quality and ensuring the safety of all incoming and outgoing material and products as well as the production procedures. You will be a firm advocate of quality & safety in our business.
The ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed. In depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential. The goal is to ensure that our products are made of flawless materials with well-functioning equipment. That way our customers will enjoy high-quality service so that we can achieve long-term success.
- Monitor the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and well-maintained and report any that doesn’t meet the requirements.
- Inspect procedures of the entire production cycle to ensure they are efficient and comply with food quality & safety standards.
- Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics such as number of defective products per day, inspection results, etc.
- Select output samples and check them using appropriate methods (measuring dimensions, testing functionality, comparing to specifications etc.)
- Approve in-process production by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the concerned managers.
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Prepare and submit reports to the quality supervisor.
- A Bachelor Degree in food science or relevant field.
- Must have had a minimum of 2-3 years of previous proven experience as a quality controller/specialist, health inspector or any relevant role in the food businesses.
- Must be certified with HACCP Level 2 or Food Safety Level 3 as a minimum requirement.
- Familiarity with quality testing machines and systems.
- Proficiency in MS office.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- Possesses a confident, firm, and pleasant personality that can work well with a team.
- Preferably located in Dubai.
- Holder of transferable visa.
- Flexible with working different shift times.